Tuesday, August 10, 2010

brown gunk

Brown gunk

Sometimes we don't realize the damage we do until it's too late. And with that said do we only care because this will effect us, or do we care because we are hurting something/someone else, how selfish are we? Why is it that humans only react to loss, why can't we appreciate things while we have it and try to preserve it. It makes me wonder if there is more to us then what meets the eye because we are filled with wonder, imagination, regret, and love or are we just parasites. We use everything till we can no longer use it, we take chances and risks that are not ours to take, and at the end of the day this is no one to blame but you and me. 4 images haunt me, and I see nothing but greed and an indestructible desire to continue living a life that one should be ashamed of, a life of excess. We drill, brake, mend, and repeat the process multiple times until everything is shattered and there is nothing to piece back together; and when this happens, we don't hide in shame, we do it somewhere else and repeat the process. I think about a world without an ocean, and immediately stop thinking about it because the idea is devastating. None the less it is in our future, it is unavoidable, and I feel powerless, I feel weak, I feel forgotten, because I don't matter, I am but an ant, a student trying to make my way through college. I do not make decision's they are make for me. I get sad, that's all, I believe our ocean, our world, all the species in it, all the people in it, all the people I love, a life of any kind, is priceless. Call me naive, sentimental, cheesy, what you will, but at least I know how to value things while I still have them. SO with this said, what can I do, I can tell people and try to warn them, but will this even do any good? As an artist I feel a duty to scream as silently as I can from the top of my lungs. We live in an interesting time, who will you be? what will you do? And when its all said and done, which side were you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment