Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hanne Darboven & Tristan Tzara Facebook wallposts

Read from bottom to top. If you have a facebook account you can login and see the pages of Hanne Darboven and Tristan Tzara. There are 2 photographs of Darboven's pieces on her profile page.

My Wall-to-Wall with Tristan Tzara

  • Attach:
  • Tristan TzaraHanne Darboven: It is unfortunate that we cannot agree. :(
    13 minutes ago · ·
  • Hanne DarbovenTristan Tzara: My Existenze exhibition was straight forward but I found it an interesting journey into my existence. By calling it worthless, you call my art and myself worthless! I do not agree with your words. My work may not be dada but it is significant. In fact, it is significant because it is not dada. It has purpose. It has life.
    13 minutes ago · ·
  • Tristan TzaraHanne Darboven: Hmm, there were photographs of your actual datebook? That seems too literal for me. Existenze is German for existence, isn't it? So the installation is about your existence in the world? I dislike how you made this installation so straight forward. You worthlessly threw yourself upon a table and let the audience feed upon your days like ravaging beasts!
    18 minutes ago · ·
  • Hanne DarbovenTristan Tzara: In one of my exhibitions called Existenze 66-88, I displayed one of my stuffed Mickys. The exhibit was a self portrait. There were many installations consisting of photographs of the pages in my personal date book. My date book chronicled my daily life and art between 1966-1988.
    23 minutes ago · ·
  • Tristan TzaraHanne Darboven: What do you mean they become a part of your works?
    27 minutes ago · ·
  • Hanne DarbovenTristan Tzara: I like goats. I have had multiple pet goats named Micky. One of them had a baby. I named him Wurtzy. They're my beloved pets. They also become a part of my work.
    27 minutes ago · ·
  • Tristan TzaraHanne Darboven: Yes, very nice. Why did you have it commissioned?
    29 minutes ago · ·
  • Hanne DarbovenTristan Tzara: No, it was actually a commission by Wolfgang Binding. It is a bronze 120 x 124 x 42 cm sculpture. Beautiful, isn't it?
    30 minutes ago · ·
  • Tristan TzaraHanne Darboven: Wow, that is quite expansive. Did you also make that goat sculpture?
    34 minutes ago · ·
  • Hanne DarbovenTristan Tzara: There is about 270 framed panels with 36 drawings in each!
    36 minutes ago · ·
  • Tristan TzaraHanne Darboven: I saw that you posted it on my newsfeed! I was wondering how you were going to display your piece. I see that you did do many variations of calculating time. How many pictures are there?
    37 minutes ago · ·
  • Hanne DarbovenTristan Tzara: Did you see the installation of my work?
    38 minutes ago · ·
  • Hanne DarbovenTristan Tzara: True, it is almost dada but not.
    42 minutes ago · ·
  • Tristan TzaraHanne Darboven: I’m not quite sure what to make of this piece. It is like a personal experience veiled in a
    mask of false logic. It is the abolition
    and creation of man and Darboven logic. It
    is interesting to say the least.
    43 minutes ago · ·
  • Hanne DarbovenTristan Tzara: Yes, that is part of the piece but it isn’t my main goal. The core of my piece is the time put into it. Art is work. Time, with mental and physical energy put into the work, and the accumulation of personal and historical events behind it is my art.
    43 minutes ago · ·
  • Tristan TzaraHanne Darboven: Ah, interesting.
    So you’re saying that you are rejecting the set function of numbering?
    44 minutes ago · ·
  • Hanne DarbovenTristan Tzara: Hello Tristan, thanks for the comment. The piece I recently posted with the framed numbers is part of my calendar project. I started this series in the 1960s. I wanted to investigate the time within a century. Using different formulas and ways of representation, I create my work with an almost endless stream of mental energy, and various figurative imagery. Although I use formulas, this piece has nothing to do with math. I investigate my formulas (which I build myself) almost to the point of saturation with knowledge – and then I do them. I only use numbers because it is a way of writing without describing. I would go so far as to say that I liberate the numbers from their quantifying functions and imbue them with a graphic function.
    44 minutes ago · · ·
    • You like this.
  • Tristan TzaraHanne Darboven:
    Hello Hanne, I noticed you posted a picture of your
    piece. It looks more like a mathematical
    process than an artwork. However, I’m
    not quite sure if there actually is some type of mathematical logic behind this
    work. I’m interested in this
    piece. It seems to hang between the
    limbo of logic and dada.
    46 minutes ago · ·

5 comments:

  1. I thought this layout was really clever. I thought this post was very philosophical....
    So you’re saying that you are rejecting the set function of numbering?
    ... the question is very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, this is genius. Props on really making this assignment with a modern day perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the class has done my work for me here, making comments. I agree, this is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete