Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dada Lines

Go stir up a whirlwind of diplomatic activity in the night sky like shooting stars.

I could use a dream or a genie or a wish to go back to a place much simpler than this military drills and attacks on ships.

Cause after all the smashin’ and crashing’, what is left is to retaliate on those who want to spark a war.

Can we pretend that airplanes attack on the ship go unanswered? But that’s’ just how the story unfolds, the fragments of reality that the nation is on attack.

Kneel down and pray, “Let me be clear, I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now) to stop North Korea’s continuous threats on the US.”

Now somebody take me back to the days before this sacred war, before this dangerous world, before it ever mattered what I had in my tank.

Can I get a wish to end the politics and torpedo strike and get back to the music that started this shit. So put down your artillery range, big guns and pick up a guitar and sing!

Head towards the war and plan to relocate the U.S. forces and be a billionaire and be on the cover of Forbes magazine, smiling next to Oprah and the Queen.

I swear the world better prepare for when I first step on the road of war and grant Japan and Korea their last wish.

I wanna be on the cover of Time magazine smiling next to Hillary Clinton for pulling an Angelina and Brad Pitt and adopt a bunch of babies that ain’t have the chance to have parents since the sinking of South Korean Warship.

I’ll be playing basketball with the President, dunking on her delegates, then formulate a response that will be tough enough to deter further provocations.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    I am really happy that such a strange, experimental and abstract assignment yielded what I think are really beautiful and actually quite meaningful language for you. Maybe this is a way you might continue working in the future. I really like this piece. Your sentences are complicated, thoughtful, creative, risky and rich in imagery.
    Marcus

    ReplyDelete